Reanimator

Place to post ideas and suggestions.
Dr. EVO
Colonel
Username - Americas: evo stopped sharing
Username - Europe: evo stopped sharing

Reanimator

Post#1 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:40 pm

I am so tired now of the game feeling like you are doing it on purpose dark which I know you don*t do. But for real players screamed for month that reanimators should be able to kill with explosive which you implemented. Now I am wonder dark if you hear the word explosive what do you imagine? Nuke, explosive, claymore what about rockets?

So basically rockets can*t kill reanimators yet. Which doesn*t make sense.

1) Only one class has it.
2) It obviously has more firepower than gl or grenades.

Lemon
General
Username - Europe: Lemon

Re: Reanimator

Post#2 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:37 am

Rockets are "projectiles", just like "frag grenades". Not explosives.
Small and heavy mines, demo's booby trap, claymores, that C4-thingy, molotovs and obviously flame throwers (+ flame turret) and fire-loaded weapons are the only things that can kill reanimators as of now.

I think on why the reanimators are so difficullt to deal with is that only 1 of them is required to fuck a position over -- and they can split up far from each other in no time. (My record was 9 reanimators all over the main hallway at once.) But not many classes have access to "reanimator-killing stuff".

Giving the rocket launcher the ability to kill Reanimators would definetly be a good buff for the Demo.
But I have more suggestions:
Giving scout's drone an additional effect that when he cripples a reanimator, it loses its revive buff as well. (Sometimes he needs more than just 1 drone that costs 5 supply, so that sounds balanced.)
Giving medic a new "gunner ability" - poison ammo (which works like fire-ammo except you don't visually burn the target but make a target smoke green-ish. Oh and you can NOT attack cocoons/nests with it.)
Give Agent the burning knife back and call it "Hot knife". No changes to the amount of charges but slightly increased cooldown.
I remember back in 2015 when the Agent was op... Rest in supplies, my friend.

Dr. EVO
Colonel
Username - Americas: evo stopped sharing
Username - Europe: evo stopped sharing

Post#3 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:37 pm

Well lemon I appreciate your reply but we both know that your suggestion won't be implemented. Reanimator should be still a thread and your ideas doesn't feel realistic as the rocket launcher.

Even if rl counts as projectile if you get hit by one I am pretty sure we won't see much if your body left.

Lemon
General

Post#4 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:57 pm

Well, I can "think of" reasons on why someone should get an upgrade.
One, but not only, big reason would be that people are getting pissed off most when meeting a group of reanimators, but less against pretty much every other special enemies. Of course every special enemy is somehow a threat but a reanimator is somehow among the strongest ones, since barely people use fire based weapons. I have to ask a few peeps if "buffing the flame thrower in damage and / or damage over time" would help. Because I rarely see people using flame thrower or loading in gunner's fire ammo.
But like I said, I think many classes struggle with fighting reanimators because they have no effective way to deal with them. You can attack or dodge a Titan, it takes some time but even without fire you can kill a Giant, and so on. I think you get what I mean.
Would it be a big deal if reanimators only had a limited amount of revives (like 10)?
What if reanimators keep their infinite lifes but actually have a random % chance that they revive again? (One Reanimator could die forever after his second death while another Reanimator revives himself 20 times.)

(Oh btw, why does RL description say 100 damage but actually deals 90 Damage?)

Fuck, I'm realizing I'm typing giant texts again…

Dark
Creator
Username - Americas: Dark
Username - Europe: Dark
Username - Korea and Taiwan: Dark

Post#5 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:13 pm

I intend fire-based weapons to be main counter for rare enemies (with exception of those which require AP ammunition).
Reanimators are one of the reasons why you should consider IC ammo, Molotov and Flamethrower. Making them killable using all kinds of explosive weapons would work as a nerf to those three.

Besides, I feel like Rocket Launcher is in a pretty good spot already. It's a reliable option for Demo. Letting it kill Reanimators would make it the one best choice.
I'd like to point out that Demo can also pick Flamethrower instead of RL and Reanimators are one of the reasons why he may want to do that.
If anything, I feel like Grenade Launcher is the weakest candidate here.

I gotta agree that Reanimators are a huge threat to static defences but if you're worried about them, you may babysit your turrets or consider using Automated Flamethrowers.

Anyway, now that I think of it Reanimators could use a small nerf to not make them hang out forever like they do now.
Giving them a small chance (~5%?) of not-reviving sounds like a reasonable idea.

Lemon
General

Post#6 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:09 pm

You have to babysit a static defense position anyway.
Zombies can spawn behind them if there is no player. They can and will kill them from behind. And it's very frustrating if a Engi comes back, finding all turrets down and 1 zombie attacking the befor-protected facility.

Flame thrower is a weak weapon. The fire damage over time should be buffed. Not just for the flame thrower, even automatic flame turrets are weak. Low are of effect, low direct damage and damage over time. I can't say it's better than a double-turret. Yes, it's better vs Giants. But that's about it. Everything else is either out of range or runs past them (as examples: Soldier, Deciever, Creeper, Watcher).

I love to play gunner, as well as using the grenade launcher with him. Befor and after the nest nerf.
The only thing I'd like to get changed on it would be less reload cost or reload time.
Adding special ammo inside your own gun takes already 5 seconds (a very long time in bad situations!)
If you do not add special ammo, it just becomes like a less powerful machine gun weapon with area of effect damage. But Zombies like to come at you in a line, not as a group. So the weapon is rated "meh..."

And yes, please… The 5% chance of having reanimators not reviving themselves is indeed needed.
Personally, I'd increase that to 8% or 10% since there is always a group of them spawning, so if you have that low chance and a group of like 5 reanimators… even that will take a very long time to kill them without fire weapons.
Btw, can you do something about not making them split up so far from each other after spawning?

Return to “Suggestions”