Zombies spawning from cocoons protection

Place to post ideas and suggestions.
IgRA
Colonel
Username - Americas: IgRAzm
Username - Europe: IgRA

Zombies spawning from cocoons protection

Post#1 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:52 am

It's sooo long, fighting with them is really unsatisfying when roaming without flamer or RL. Zombies pop out and as now they do it by themselves as well you sometimes face unlucky spawn and if you had light armor you will lose a lot of hp without counterplay to that. Yes, grenades kill zombies in web, you can pick AOE all the time, but still it's not cool how 2-3 zombies are just attacking you and to do nothing for a few seconds is the most effecient strategy.
I think as this addition was for just making cocoons more of a threat in the first place, it's best to remove the invulnerability to shots. What i'm suggesting on it's place is to give zombies from cocoons a shield with HP pool like 40, it would lose hitpoints each second. This shield could have armor value too so further balancing would be easier to do.

Lemon
General
Username - Europe: Lemon

Re: Zombies spawning from cocoons protection

Post#2 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:19 am

I think they shouldn't have any protecting if they spawn out without you "triggering" them out.
I get that the zombies want to "surprise" you, but even befor they had a protection it's a instant surround due to the fast movementspeed of them.

The Problem you might have is because you say you can't do anything against them. But in reality, they just have a op high dodge chance to bullets.

I suggest they get no shield nor increased dodge chance, but keep the increased movementspeed (maybe nerf that movementspeed a tiny bit) as well as get +20% attackspeed for the first 3 seconds.
I remember back in 2015 when the Agent was op... Rest in supplies, my friend.

IgRA
Colonel
Username - Americas: IgRAzm
Username - Europe: IgRA

Post#3 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:30 am

They could get too weak I think without any protection but maybe. Attack speed buff would have to be really big for it to matter.

Munks
Recruit
Username - Americas: mjhers
Username - Europe: mjhers
Username - Korea and Taiwan: 뭉크
Username - Southeast Asia: mjhers

Post#4 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:03 am

It's better than unnecessery threating protection. When it is blocking the road, it is dangerous if there is no means to deal with it.

Realistically, zombies that just came out of cocoons are unlikely to be invulnerable.

I don't know EU strategy, but Asia strategy is to go around personally. I want you to consider that point.

Skeletkopf
Recruit
Username - Americas: Skeletkopf
Username - Europe: Skeletkopf

Post#5 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:08 am

Well, most people with molotov or Grenade kill cocoons. But if i dont have anything to fight them and they are in my way I trigger them and kill them..... so it would be cool if you could trigger them by shooting the cocoon.

Lemon
General

Post#6 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:40 am

Maybe cocoons should not count as "Building", so we can fire normal bullets against them. Fire mod on a normal-bullets-weapon allows to fire against buildings, but maybe if we can shoot cocoons with no fire, they get pop out with no buff since we "destroy" the cocoon and with that destroy their surprise attack? Or atleast less bonus to movementspeed and dodge to zombies than normal?

Dark
Creator
Username - Americas: Dark
Username - Europe: Dark
Username - Korea and Taiwan: Dark

Post#7 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:17 pm

I think there's enough ways to deal with cocoons. Knife, Grenade, Molotov, Flashbang, Claymore, Explosives - every hand weapon helps you. Besides there is also Flamethrower, Rocket Launcher or Incendiary ammo with any weapon.
If a players pops cocoons open without dealing with them properly, he should take some damage for it.

The idea about cocoons having extra health is an interesting one though.
It doesn't make much sense how a zombie covered with cocoon web dodges your bullets. Extra health would have the same effect as dodge chance while making more sense realisticly.

Lemon
General

Post#8 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:59 pm

Knife won't work against cocoons since it counts as building, no?
Grenade will kill cocoon, but not zombies inside + grenade is weak vs cocoons.
Flashbang doesn't kill cocoons but maybe temporarily prevent zombies from bursting out.
I don't see what you mean...

Claymore are not being used alot. Explosives are to expensive and take a very long recharge to use for just 1 or 2 cocoons AND people need them for other things like finishing off nests, special enemies, etc.

I don't think giving zombies more health for like 3 seconds if they burst out is stupid. I prefer if they just get increased movementspeed (like what they have now) and increased attackspeed or attack damage.

Dr. EVO
Colonel
Username - Americas: evo stopped sharing
Username - Europe: evo stopped sharing

Post#9 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:30 pm

Well dark there might be many ways to deal against cocoons but I consider only flame, rl and gl + v as the best ways. But thats only one issue because there are more aspects which should be considered.

Cocoons act like walls they protect upcoming hordes against bullet.

They create creep which is also a big threat.
Slowing you down and giving enemies + movementspeed.

They are zoning you. In certain scenarios cocoons are strategily a big problem which shouldn't be overlooked so easily just because they only pop when you are close doesn't mean they are easy to be dealt.

Lastly one of the most things I hate about cocoons is the way they spawn...
Around a corner, near the wall so you can't see it on the screen, behind obstacles which makes them nearly incisible at zombie spawn point not to mention inside the fog....

Return to “Suggestions”