Difficulty changes

Place to post ideas and suggestions.
Skeletkopf
Private
Username - Americas: Skeletkopf
Username - Europe: Skeletkopf

Difficulty changes

Post#1 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:35 am

Well we all know Hell is rng as fuck. my first suggestion is Hell/Nightmare Escapes BC and LZ both are not that hard as Pirates or Antimatter (hell). So i thought of the LZ, in easier gamemodes some survivors will spawn to defend it with you.... but what happenend to them in higher difficulties? You could now say ok they just died but i have another idea. What if the 3 soldier that comes out under the Landing Zone in the bottom Spawn would not just disappear and maybe get infected? So they will spawn not together of course maybe with some different time states as Zombie soldiers?

For BC i had also another idea. how would be the defense when an beast or something really big and strong would try to kill the Battlecruiser before it can take off? like in the Halftime of the defnse will an beast spawn (nearby) and focus the Battlecruiser and of course anything that blocks its path.

Also i dont like the simple horde effect i do like the rare enemies but i dont know. so how would it be to have like Reanis or Leeches something else like Zombie gunners (not soldiers!) that carry a Pistol or something around? they should spawn more often then rare enemies but maybe not in groups like hunter and should be there as an support spawn.

So with all the ideas for the zombies i also had one for both groups Players and Infected. Who would like to see an Zombie Flamethrower? he could be like the zombie Soldier but with an flamethrower to be fair he should be able to teamdamage the zombies too.

Core is very important but some players ignore it completly like its okay when its down. Why, because we "only" lose the light (some suggested we lose power for turrets pls NOT?) that sugesstion would kill Engineer for me so i will never play engineer again if you do this dark i swear by Khorne! What if there was an infected brood that is shy of light? what if there were a zombies or zerg that only comes out by darkness? i want an enemie that just hunts and really hunts for players only if the core is down. Like in Dying light you have those Stalker or shadowhunter or whatever they are called. These creatures seek for the player in the night if they find you, you better run they are faster stronger and by far more deadlier then regular zombies.

My suggestions:
1) LZ Zombie Soldier spawn
2) BC Beasts (or somthing big, strong AND KILLABLE enemey)
3) Zombie Pistoleros /gunners /officers /Idk
4) Zombie Flamer
5) Core punishment

Lemon
General
Username - Europe: Lemon

Re: Difficulty changes

Post#2 » Sat May 11, 2019 10:06 am

-LZ already does get Zombie Soldiers as siege from the top, about every 5 seconds. From the bottom spawn webbers and titans.

-BC Beast is meh... Just like in LZ Titans and webbers spawn on right and bottom left side. He'd have to remove them all and replace them for a "Mini-beast" which basically has half hp of a normal beast and only spawns one time on the bottom left side. Nuke and Fire proof and can not take more than 50 dmg per shot. Or something like that...
Sounds weak but combined with a horde it's a target it must be prioritized. Dangers of getting overrun still remains.

-Zombie Officers (?) support the Zombies? Nests and watchers already have a big aggro radius that send their hordes against nearby players. If mc is dead, zombies get the sentinent nest effect.
I don't see how a "zombie supporter" can come in useful.

-Zombie Flamer could be nice, but then we'd need some kind of counter for that. We don't have a flame-resistent armor. A new equipment to take could be created. Can be used to remove flame effects on you or an ally (survivors included) next to you and have a temporare immunity of being burned again for (like) 10s. Cooldown could be 60s and have up to 3 charges.

-Core punishment is a difficullt thing to talk about. Yes, there are people who don't give much of an F about it, but there are also people who don't like the "Lights out" effect. An additional rare enemy is more punishable for those that ignore the core, but for those that already don't like the "lights out" effect? They get punished even further.
I remember back in 2015 when the Agent was op... Rest in supplies, my friend.

Dark
Creator
Username - Americas: Dark
Username - Europe: Dark
Username - Korea and Taiwan: Dark

Post#3 » Sun May 12, 2019 3:35 pm

Hm. Adding 1-2 waves of large numbers of small/medium rare enemies sound like a fun idea. I'll look into that.

I do think about new rare enemies sometime. It's not that easy considering I'd like each of them to be unique and stand out from the rest in some way.
I really like the idea of an enemy being extra dangerous when lights are out. It's a fine new rare enemy + it discourages the "ignore Reactor Core" strategy. It would also make sense if that one could be countered with Flare - tbh, I don't really like it's current damage boost effect. I'd gladly replace it with a viable alternative.
I guess there's also still vacant spots for some kind of AoE and/or support rare enemy. I'll think about those later.

Lemon
General

Post#4 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:31 am

If you add such an enemy, it should instantly die/dissapear when lights are back on. Remember in the terran campaign how the zombies were burning alive by sunlight and crawl out of the ground at night?
And to notice it as player, this night rare zombie should hunt for players right after spawn, ignoring facilities.
Is it possible to give this zombie turret-aggro immunity? I can only be shot "by accident" if the turret tried to shoot another zombie behind it, but besides that the turrets don't shoot it.

Dark
Creator
Username - Americas: Dark
Username - Europe: Dark
Username - Korea and Taiwan: Dark

Post#5 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:56 am

Having such enemy live only during Reactor Core downtime would be troublesome in terms of it's lifetime and spawn rate.
I'd rather have it live all along but become more dangerous in darkness.

Lemon
General

Post#6 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:00 am

What if it was a normal zombie but gets a huge stat buff in darkness? (Basically like a Deciever except different.) That way, we can never know which one a "dark hunter" is and which one is not. Perfect backstabbing-time when lights just went out.

I guess if it just spawns in darkness but stays after lights came back on, that'd be fine too...

Conet
Major
Username - Korea and Taiwan: Parnham

Post#7 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:04 pm

How about making this to teleport to nearby location of a player who left alone in the darkness? like nydus nest, but its priority on a lone player.

Return to “Suggestions”