Beginner boost

Place to post ideas and suggestions.
adamkad1
Recruit
Username - Europe: VoidAssasin

Re: Beginner boost

Post#11 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:23 pm

Also, maybe make free to join into 'low difficulty mode' and make it force beginner. then people will define what kind of game they want when creating lobby, not by nagging people to set to pro. And it would make people actually use the goddamn setting
Last edited by adamkad1 on Tue May 21, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adamkad1
Recruit

Post#12 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:23 pm

9AQU9 wrote:I use politic Pro Hard or i am leave game becose playing on difficulity lower than Pro Hard is just pointless :evil:
i mean Begginer mode fell like bad joke infinite revive are op you just cant lose game :/

Newbies dont share your point of view

Lemon
General
Username - Europe: Lemon

Post#13 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:57 am

Adam is right. How can a noob know beginner mode is bad? He can not. Maybe you lie to him that beginner mode is bad. Maybe you troll for pro mode so you all die. He does not know if you are good or bad at game. How can he know? He can not.

@Dark
"Because it looked kinda cool and supposedly there's more to it at higher difficullty levels"
Besides more zombies and zerg, what more is there? You don't know better about more rare enemies, archievements, skins, pets, nest evolutions or special endings. So how can you know better? The answer: You don't.

And if a new player died, usually he doesn't wait those 3 minutes to get revived. Sometimes not even the 30 seconds in beginner mode. He already leaves 5-10 seconds after death.
No believe in respawn? Thinks rare enemies are unfair because he doesn't know what weapons (or gunner mod) counters them?
He doesn't know about how to reload or understood the supply-system, so he believes you have to collect ammo from somewhere but since he found nothing there is nothing more he can do?

And yes, of course you wouldn't want beginner to face nightmare difficullty. But many refuse to play a low diffi game, because they want to play a "somewhat interesting game" while beginners will struggle.
But the blame is against those that are like this.
I remember back in 2015 when the Agent was op... Rest in supplies, my friend.

Dark
Creator
Username - Americas: Dark
Username - Europe: Dark
Username - Korea and Taiwan: Dark

Post#14 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:43 pm

"You don't know better about more rare enemies, archievements, skins, pets, nest evolutions or special endings. So how can you know better?"
It's all in the map info screenshots. It's also mentioned in beginner welcoming screen at start of the game.
Hm. I guess it could also be added at the end of the game though.

I can understand that veterans don't like to play in Beginner mode and I don't blame them. If they want to leave the game, they're free to do so.
Convincing majority of Beginners in lobby to force them into high difficulty Pro mode is a different thing though.

We all don't like Beginner mode but it is needed and it needs to be played.
It allows me to tailor the game to new player's experience and increase the chances of growing our community.
Pandorium used to be in a tiring sinusoidal ping-pong loop of dying and reviving:
... -> veterans getting bored and leaving -> few Pro matches, mostly Beginner matches -> new people getting interested, community growing -> Pro matches played, little or no Beginner matches -> sooner or later veterans eventually getting bored and leaving -> ...

Right now Pandorium community seems healthier than ever but if veterans won't bother to play in Beginner mode once a while, it's gonna go back to that annoying loop.

So while we're at it let me say this:

I am very, very, very grateful to all players who take care of Pandorium community and spend their time playing in Beginner mode and patiently teaching new players.
    Pandorium is not a solo game. Without those efforts we wouldn't be able to have as much fun playing it as we do now.
    Thank you!

adamkad1
Recruit

Post#15 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:13 am

i really think it would be better to define mode before making lobby, not while inside
'I picked low difficulty so i guess im gonna play beginner'
'Oh this is a high diffculty, probally not for me'
The game should however mention that beginner is NOT the whole experience of the game

Lemon
General
Username - Europe: Lemon

Post#16 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:10 am

Yea, deciding that befor the lobby sounds better to me too.

And I got a solution for that "what more is there to the game"-problem.
Put the whole help in game's description on the loading screen. You can not only explain there what each button does but also explain how the whole supply-system works and what more awaits you on higher challenges. That way, people can't miss it and those that do not want to talk get a heads-up anyway.

You can't do anything against language barrier, but just having it in english should be good enough.
I remember back in 2015 when the Agent was op... Rest in supplies, my friend.

Dark
Creator
Username - Americas: Dark
Username - Europe: Dark
Username - Korea and Taiwan: Dark

Post#17 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:57 am

I don't think it's that good to force mode while making lobby.
It happens very often that you're hosting lobby planning to play Pro or Beginner (if not enough veterans) but then number and type of players who join completely changes situation - intended Pro turns into Beginner or vice-verse.
I think best solution is to have lobby type merely suggesting game difficulty while voting is still the deciding factor.

Besides, honestly now, which one of you would even host a forced Beginner type lobby. ,: |

9AQU9
Private
Username - Europe: AQU

Post#18 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:14 pm

adamkad1 wrote:
9AQU9 wrote:I use politic Pro Hard or i am leave game becose playing on difficulty lower than Pro Hard is just pointless :evil:
i mean Begginer mode fell like bad joke infinite revive are op you just cant lose game :/

Newbies dont share your point of view

You are wrong people who vote like Begginer normal/easy never play this game again we dont need guys who dont like challenge
i play this game over one year i played mass of begginer lobbys

Return to “Suggestions”