Planned update

Place for feedback on implemented features.
Lemon
General
Username - Europe: Lemon

Planned update

Post#1 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:23 am

Dark, as much as you believe what is needed for every next update, I would like to know what you are going to do (except secret things, of course) so we can already tell what may is not enough or to much befor you do whatever you wanted to do and we temporarily have to suffer until you have the time again for another update.

Sorry if it sounds confusing, but I believe you understand what I'm trying to tell.
Could you do that? Please?
I remember back in 2015 when the Agent was op... Rest in supplies, my friend.

Dark
Creator
Username - Americas: Dark
Username - Europe: Dark
Username - Korea and Taiwan: Dark

Re: Planned update

Post#2 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:02 pm

I understand how you feel but this is troublesome for me due to a few reasons:

1. Players love nerfs and hate buffs... No wait. It's the way around. I always mix that up... Announcing planned nerfs will discourage players and kill their enthusiasm when waiting for an update.
  2. After sharing my plans it becomes troublesome to change my mind. If I announce something getting buffed and then scrap the idea, players will feel similar to as if I had nerfed it.
    I know that changing my mind like that after releasing an update is even worse but keeping these thoughts to myself as long as possible gives me more time to think it over.
  3. I love surprising players.
  4. Sharing and consulting changes costs me extra time.
    Time I spent discussing is time I could've spent working on update to roll it out sooner.
  5. I gotta say this honestly and I hope that you will understand it and not take it the wrong way: I value, appreciate and consider players' feedback but I also take it with a grain of salt. Players can and are wrong sometimes, even veterans who have been playing the game for years.
    Of course, I can and am wrong often as well. In the end, all I can do is try to find the middleground between going by my own judgement and information I gather from players.

That aside, I do understand your point and I've decided to try consulting some of the changes I work on.
I'll be posting them in this section.
Let's just temporarily see how this works out.

Lemon
General
Username - Europe: Lemon

Re: Planned update

Post#3 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:12 pm

I fully understand your points there. Alright, I'll take it as it is.
I remember back in 2015 when the Agent was op... Rest in supplies, my friend.

Return to “Feedback”