[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Pandorium's current state - Pandorium Survivor

Pandorium's current state

Place for feedback on implemented features.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
armageddon
General
Username - Americas: Armageddon
Username - Europe: Armageddon
Username - Korea and Taiwan: illi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Pandorium's current state

Post#1 » Wed May 26, 2021 3:28 am

Hello again everyone,

I would like to start off saying that I have missed you all. I'm glad to see that Pandorium has been continuing to evolve and that somehow Dark has managed to continue investing his time in such a large project. For those of you who don't know how difficult map making can be... I would venture a guess of over thousands of hours of development are in this single arcade map.

It has been quiet some time since I have posted or have played Pandorium (a few years at least). I don't quiet remember what made me stop playing. I think it was a combination of being extremely busy with work and the balance changes which made the game seem impossible. Even when we had a full clan of veteran players in a lobby, the difficulty was so intense at the time that it literally seemed impossible to win on hard difficulties.

I decided to jump on Starcraft last night to revisit the game and see what was happening with it. When I logged on I saw a lobby of Pandorium near the top of the arcade and decided to jump in. I knew I may not enjoy the game anymore, since so much has changed that I don't understand. I decided to try it out anyways since this map has a special place in my life.

With all that in mind I would like to say that Dark has done an amazing with the changes to the game. I didn't know what to expect jumping in... I thought supply would still be impossible to find, flamethrowers would tickle zombies, objectives would be massively overrun, etc.

The game felt very polished and clean as fuck. I was happy to see my guns worked well against zombies. Supplies were not something I constantly needed to worry about. Events seemed less overwhelming and more directive. I could go on for pages about how much better the gameplay felt.

What was even more surprising was the social structure set up to support the game. There is obviously still the online forms, a professional discord server & the twitch channel. The community seems to have worked out most of the childish drama and looks like a nice bunch of bros.

I would like to say thank you, for the hard work bro beans.
Seeking face-huggers and stopping abortions since July 2015.

Return to “Feedback”