Story

Place to discuss incoming features
Lemon
General
Username - Europe: Lemon

Re: Story

Post#11 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:20 am

Some don't want any story. Some want a whole story. I guess both get not what they want.
I think 2 cutscenes are nice. The one at the start is good for new players to understand the situation.
And the end is good for new and old players. I may have already what we need.

A picture of what character you are using appears at the bottom left side of your window and you can't see anything (blackscreen) befor the cutscene is over. With the window, his/her text appears next to him/her. After that cutscene, your equipment window appears.
(If that all is possible, it would be very nice!)

The text (+ window ?) of the bomb should start right after you put the bomb in.

Start:
''A zombie and zerg outbreak? That's actually pretty bad. I have to survive and leave this place as soon as possible. I wonder if there are any other survivors...''

(Ending) Bomb:
''I missed my chances to escape. Nobody is coming for me anymore... This is my final stand and a good bye to everyone. All I know is... I can rest in peace as a human.''

Is that a good idea? Should the start or the ending say something different?
(Question to Dark: Do you have the character window for all normal and pro characters? If not, you can maybe do the blackscreen and text without the windows.)

Also, I think it should be impossible to skip the cutscenes. The blackscreen and text only appears for around 6-9 seconds, so it's not to short and not to long to read all of it.

What do you guys think about this?
-Old Imp
I remember back in 2015 when the Agent was op... Rest in supplies, my friend.

Fortissimo
General
Username - Americas: Fortissimo

Post#12 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Actually, a story that focuses on what happened in the game and the decisions made would be a good way to handle this. Let bits and pieces from the lab's past be recorded via data logs.

Fortissimo
General
Username - Americas: Fortissimo

Post#13 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:01 pm

Well, one thing is certain about the story of the station. It's a station built into the side of a large asteroid, part of a mineral-rich asteroid belt. This is evidenced by the rocky tunnels and mining equipment in the southeast part of the map, as well as the evac timer, which would require constant transmission to find the station amidst the mess of other asteroids and the signal interference which would be caused by the minerals in the surrounding asteroids.

Kimiko
Recruit

Post#14 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:39 pm

You know what?

I think Pandorium Survivor needs a prequel, the part where the battlecruiser have not entered the station.

Starting Story 0-3:
We could be the rag-tag group of recently recruited crew of the battlecruiser who is attracted by the high payout (due to circumstances the battlecruiser has lost much crew but it is kept secret by order of the battlecruiser's admiral or captain) who is transporting unknown top-secret "cargo" (the monstrsity from somewhere leave it to your imagination) and experimental equipment (example is some of those special weapons found around the station) however something alien has impregnated one of its crew (the origins of this alien could have been from the same place where the monstrity was obtain as a cargo from, example research station).

Story 1-1 (x-1 Story branch):
The battlecruiser (shorten to BC from now on) drop out from hyperspace and docked with the station Pandorium which is orbiting a nearby planet (name of planet leave to your imagination), the crew is carrying out their duties of resupplying and refueling the BC. (Experimental equipment is already on BC)

Story 1-2 (x-2 Story branch, alternative):
The battlecruiser (shorten to BC from now on) after securing its unknown top-secret cargo from the research facility and replacing its crew that was lost from ??? (what you call those ports for spaceships on planet's surface?), left the planet's surface and docked with the station Pandorium which is orbiting a nearby planet (name of planet leave to your imagination), the crew is carrying out their duties of resupplying and refueling the BC. (Experimental equipment is from Pandorium in process of transporting them to BC)

Story 2-3 (Story 1-1 and Story 1-2 branches path here as x-3):
Due to issues on the BC power generator (the alien hatched... you know what happens next) the admiral or captain of the BC made a decision to move the "cargo" to station Pandorium because it requires power to contain the content inside it along with its experimental equipment that could help restraint "it" if it ever broke out of containment.

Story 3-3:
As the alien issue on the BC that the admiral/captain tried to keep secret from the new crew members became worse and worse, they started to notice that something is amiss, soon the BC emergency alarm goes off as critical systems around the BC are being destroyed by the aliens on board (prelude for the Pandorium Survivor game where we need to find BC parts and Hydrolic Frame to fix the BC), all hell broke loose on board the BC.

Story 4-?:
To be continue...? (I stop here for now, tell me what you think xD)

Arcanus
General
Username - Americas: Arcanus
Username - Korea and Taiwan: Arcanus

Post#15 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:49 pm

*Discreetly looks at abandoned story thread.

Return to “Incoming features speculation”