Loadout options determined by maj vote, not individual vote

recon
Recruit

Loadout options determined by maj vote, not individual vote

Post#1 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:07 am

I've done this as I'm sure many of you have done this. You're afk as the lobby is populating and then they start. You begin the game and then you realize you forgot to choose your lobby settings. Now you're running through the map with starter gear.

Why?

Why does how you vote game settings in the lobby determine whether you can change your loadout or not? If you pick beginner you don't get infinite lives in a pro game. Instead you have all the difficulties that a pro lobbyist has. But you are still penalized with starter gear.

It seems to me that it makes sense that available loadouts should be decided by how the majority vote the pro/beg selection, not how you forgot to vote in the lobby. That way if you pick one way or the other, you receive the appropriate perks (inf lives or other gear) based on how the game difficulty is going to be set.

Arcanus
General
Username - Americas: Arcanus
Username - Korea and Taiwan: Arcanus

Re: Loadout options determined by maj vote, not individual vote

Post#2 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:12 am

Because Beginner class people get no fog of war. Also, if you pick Pro in a beginner game, you still get infinite lives.

Fortissimo
General
Username - Americas: Fortissimo

Post#3 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:22 pm

This might as well be allowed. It would incentivize more people to pick "Pro", and beginner mode doesn't care about balance anyways.

Dark
Creator
Username - Americas: Dark
Username - Europe: Dark
Username - Korea and Taiwan: Dark

Post#4 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:12 pm

Beginner equipment restriction has been around almost since the beginning.
The intention was to discourage experienced players from playing in Beginner mode.

Pandorium has changed a lot since that time. I guess there's no need to keep the equipment restrictions.
I removed them in v.0.60.1.

Return to “Implemented suggestions”