New Music for Game Endings

Place to post ideas and suggestions.
Kaedin
Recruit
Username - Americas: Kaedin

New Music for Game Endings

Post#1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:48 pm

The music that plays during some of the game's endings are quite lacking. Because of this, I decided to go through Starcraft 2's OST and compile a bunch of song clips that I found fit for the game. For the few people that actually do play with game music turned on, I believe the clips located in the following google drive link would make for a better and more dramatic ending to a long and (hopefully) successful game.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jxI81 ... 50uQaqG1-z

I'd like to know what everyone thinks of the song clips, as I found three different ones which I all thought would work well with the Hell AMD ending, though I'm not sure which should actually be used. Also, if anyone else has suggestions for music to play during the game's endings, nothing's stopping anyone else from posting their own google drive link with their clips. Just do keep in mind it has to be short enough to fit within the ending timer for whichever ending you made the clip for.

IgRA
General
Username - Americas: IgRAzm
Username - Europe: IgRA

Re: New Music for Game Endings

Post#2 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:45 pm

I don't connect these soundtracks to combat or bossfight personally. They are epic indeed but in combat you need something fast-paced, they seem more like for prelude or aftermath of battle. If this is what you intended them to be, then fine. To me though, only AM and LZ fights out of all endings could have new music, segment when players escape I think it sounds fine in all endings. Raiders sound perfect both in fight and escape parts.

Kaedin
Recruit
Username - Americas: Kaedin

Re: New Music for Game Endings

Post#3 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:49 pm

Perhaps you're right about Raiders ending being fine as is, although I do still think AMD could use something new.

Return to “Suggestions”